1. Where is your father? He's still _________ work.
2. (Teacher to class) Remember __________ your dictionary to class tomorrow.
c) to take
d) to bring
3. You _________ pay for the service. It's free.
4. Whose is this bag? It's ________ .
5. Which of these sentences is correct?
a) How many languages speak you?
b) How many languages do you speak?
c) How many languages does you speak?
d) How many languages you speak?
6. Which of these sentences is correct?
a) She told me her news.
b) She talked me her news.
c) She said me the news.
d) She spoke me the news.
7. What's your boyfriend like? He _________________ .
a) likes playing tennis.
b) likes play tennis.
c) is very well.
d) is very nice.
8. What time ______________ on Thursdays?
a) do you get up
b) do you getting up
c) are you getting up
d) are you get up
9. Can I _________ your pen?
10. I've read _________ English books.
c) the more
d) a lot of
11. You bought a new car last year, __________ ?
a) isn't it
b) didn't you
c) don't you
d) did you
12. Where's Bill? He's __________ to the post office.
13. It's very hot today. _____________ something to drink?
a) Do you like
b) Should you like
c) Would you like
d) Want you
14. ______________ home now because it's late.
a) I go
b) I'm go
c) I goes
d) I'm going
15. I've been waiting here __________ five hours.
16. We arrived _________ the Heathrow airport at 10.30.
17. I'm tired because __________________ in the park.
a) I run
b) I've run
c) I've been running
d) I'd been running
18. I took my umbrella ______________ get wet.
a) to don't
b) for to not
c) so as not to
d) so I not
19. Who will look after your dog while you __________ on holiday.
b) will be
c) would be
20. I'm looking forward ___________ you next week.
a) to seeing
b) to see
c) to having seen
21. My parents make me __________ the piano every day. I hate it.
b) to play
d) have played
22. You should ___________ here three hours ago.
a) have been
d) to be
23. When I got back to my hotel room, I found my money _____________ .
a) was stolen
b) had been stolen
c) was stealing
d) has been stolen
24. He __________ asleep in the middle of the concert.
25. The boss is very busy so please don't disturb him __________ it's urgent.
26. Turn _________ the music. It's too loud.
27. After going to several interviews, I eventually succeeded _____________ the job.
a) to get
c) in getting
d) for getting
28. If it had happened last year, it _______________ much worse.
a) would be
b) would been
c) had been
d) would have been
29. The security guard noticed the broken window while he _______________ round the building.
a) had been walking
b) had walked
c) was walking
30. ______________ incorrect.
a) These informations are
b) This information is
c) These information are
d) These pieces of informations are
31. They ___________ everything before we get there if we don't hurry.
a) will have sold
b) have sold
c) will be sell
32. How do you ___________ with your mother-in-law?
a) make up
b) put along
c) get on
d) take through
33. He stopped _________________ his cigarette.
a) speaking to light
b) to speak to light
c) speaking to lighting
d) speak to lighting
34. You ____________ pass the exam.
a) are probably
b) will likely
c) will sure to
d) are likely to
35. The police _______________ here since nine o'clock.
a) are waiting
b) have been waiting
c) has been waiting
36. Can I invite you to dinner? I'm making my favourite ___________ tonight.
37. ___________ the weather is terrible, tourist keep coming here.
a) In spite of
38. What would you do if you ____________ some money in the street.
39. I've decided to ____________ smoking.
a) give back
b) get away
c) give up
d) take down
40. The carpet needs ____________ .
c) to clean
d) to clear
41. Why do you look different? Because _____________ .
a) my hair was done cut
b) I've had my hair cut
c) I've made my hair to be cut
d) my hair cut
42. I wish she ____________ me her phone number before she left.
a) would have given
b) would give
d) had given
43. He wanted to know where _________________ .
a) is his car
b) his car is
c) his car was
d) was his car
44. They are looking for a secretary ___________ mother tongue is English.
45. Are they honest and active? No, they are ______________ .
a) dishonest and inactive
b) unhonest and unactive
c) inhonest and disactive
d) inhonest and inactive
46. The temperature is 15 degrees __________ zero.
47. The criminal __________ the country.
48. Could we put the meeting _________ until next Wednesday?
49. The book is certainly ________________ .
a) worth to read
b) worth reading
c) worthwhile reading
d) good for read
50. (Doctor to patient) Don't worry, you'll be all right _______ Saturday.
Zde přepište prosím (bez mezer) řadu čísel z obrázku: